That’s all good and well for the casino, but what about the bettors? While it’s impossible to avoid deposit requirements, a few smart choices will help you get more value out of casino bonuses.
1. Check the deposit type.
- ‘No Deposit Required’ Bonus: The credit automatically enters the bettor’s account, without any initial deposits. Online casinos might require players to deposit before they can withdraw any winnings with this bonus, though.
- ‘Single Deposit’ Bonus: Players make one deposit and receive a set bonus in return. These casino bonuses are usually smaller skrill casino bonus, but simpler to understand.
- ‘Multi Deposit’ Bonus: The biggest bonuses have the most complicated deposit requirements. When it comes to four-figure bonuses, casinos will drip-feed these to players for weeks in return for multiple deposits that gradually increase in amount.
Compare these deposit requirements to your bankroll and the amount of time you spend gambling. Are there any bonuses outside of your budget? Which deposit requirements promise the most value for your gameplay?
When a casino offers a huge bonus, they do everything to prevent bettors from simply withdrawing it. Many gambling sites will simply block any withdrawal requests on these promotions, giving them their ‘sticky’ moniker.
‘Normal’ casino bonuses allow players to withdraw funds after the wagering requirement has been met, even any remaining credit from promotions.
This isn’t to say players should avoid stick bonuses. Generally, they’re bigger and can easily double or triple a bankroll. They do require bigger deposits though, and better suit players focused on long-term betting strategies.
3. Ensure your deposits adhere to the casino’s special T&Cs.
In the past, bettors have manipulated bonus T&Cs so one payment could qualify for multiple casino bonuses. Gambling sites have since cottoned on, and many have added extra restrictions to prevent bonus abuse.
Many casinos now list specific behaviors as evidence of bonus abuse in their T&Cs. For instance, players found making a pattern of cashing out on one bonus and immediately depositing funds for a second promotion will be banned. In these circumstances though, online casinos are looking for patterns of bonus abuse or uncharacteristic behavior. Casual players will be fine.
Some online casinos automatically add promotions to a player’s account. Depending on the casino site, you may have to opt-out of some bonuses. Otherwise, you might find your deposits qualifying for the wrong promotions.
Making smarter deposits on casino bonuses will also affect your wagering requirements. Simple errors can result in costly mistakes, but luckily there are a few steps you can take to save yourself a lot of cash and ultimately win more from the casino.
Casino Bonus Wagering Requirements
Almost all casino sites have wagering or playthrough requirements attached to their bonuses. Wagering requirements can come in several forms, but generally stipulate the amount of money a player must wager before they can withdraw any winnings from their casino bonus.
How Do Online Casino Wagering Requirements Work?
Wagering requirements vary between the type of bonus a player accepts. However, players can generally break them down into two camps:
- Cash bonus: These promotions (i.e. welcome bonus or match bonus) require players to bet a specific multiplier before they can withdraw any winnings. A casino bonus with a 10X wagering requirement for instance means a player would have to wager the bonus amount 10 times over before they could cash out any jackpots.
- Free bonus: Offers like free spins or no deposit bonuses have wagering requirements but in different forms. Some casinos may require players to deposit cash in their account before they can withdraw winnings, others may place maximum cashout limits on these bonuses.